The geotechnical needs of DOTs and other agencies responsible for roads and bridges are vast. Issues include: Culvert repair Soil stabilization Void filling Concrete slab lifting Sinkhole remediation Slope control Slough control in tunneling
Protecting concrete usually means shielding it from the elements of nature or from harsh manmade chemicals. But it’s not just concrete that needs such protection. Corrugated metal pipe, steel surfaces, material hoppers, rail cars and masonry all can come in contact with corrosive or abrasive materials or harsh conditions.
SoiLok is an advanced polyacrylamide technology with proprietary formulation and process. It is a super low viscosity grout designed to penetrate fine silts, sands, coarse sands and top soil to a desired depth, either in or below the water table- all the way to bedrock. The resin remains fluid until polymerization, allowing for excellent penetration. SoiLok is ideal for geotechnical use in humid environments and sandy soil and is the economical alternative to traditional grout injection methods.
• Curtain grouting
• Soil treatment and stabilization
• Tunnels (subway, water, utility, etc.)
• Storm sewers and box culverts
• Below-grade parking decks
• Retaining walls
• The variable set time range is long– from minutes to more than an hour– and is adjustable in the field.
• High chemical resistance
• Extremely flexible
• Great adhesion even in damp environments
• Non-corrosive in both liquid and cured forms
• NSF-61 compliant for contact with potable water
• Minimal project footprint
• Made in the USA
• Maximum permeation - variable levels of viscosity
One application for SoiLok ® is for waste containment to prevent below grade hazardous materials from migrating. View the video below for more information.