Protecting concrete usually means shielding it from the elements of nature or from harsh manmade chemicals. But it’s not just concrete that needs such protection. Corrugated metal pipe, steel surfaces, material hoppers, rail cars and masonry all can come in contact with corrosive or abrasive materials or harsh conditions.
The geotechnical needs of DOTs and other agencies responsible for roads and bridges are vast. Issues include: Culvert repair Soil stabilization Void filling Concrete slab lifting Sinkhole remediation Slope control Slough control in tunneling
Prime Resins’ Conduit Seal is a quick and convenient method of stopping water seepage around pipe penetrations or around cable in conduit. It comes in a kit and is easy to use.
Contents of Kit
- 8 pair of vinyl gloves
- 1 liter Prime Flex Hydro Gel SX™ in a measuring bottle
- 8 bags of Oakum (12” in each bag)
- One 2-gallon plastic bucket (for water)
- Two insertion sticks
Directions for Use
1. Put on the rubber gloves enclosed.
2. Remove the black cap from the measuring side of the bottle.
3. Squeeze the large side of the Hydro Gel SX
4. Empty the four ounces of Hydro Gel SX into the mixing bag containing the Oakum.
5. Knead until Oakum is uniformly saturated.
6. Remove the saturated Oakum from the bag.
7. Submerge the Oakum in a bucket of water and squeeze to begin the chemical reaction.
8. IMMEDIATELY wrap the individual cables or pipe to a depth of 2” to 3” and use the insertion stick to push it back into the annular space.
Prime Flex oakum is compatible with all Prime Flex hydrophilic resins.