SOLUTIONS FOR LIFTING SLABS
The terms slab jacking and mud jacking have defined the act of raising sunken concrete for decades. Using traditional methods with cement-based materials can mean varying results and degrees of precision. Fracturing and overlifting of slabs can occur.
There is an alternative. Injecting structural polyurethane foam into the voids beneath settling or rocking concrete slabs can stabilize them without excavation and added weight. You can lift slabs back to their original position using our Precision Lift products.
Benefits of chemical grouting for slab lifting and stabilization:
- Quick and easy process
- Stabilizes base and strengthens slab
- Cheaper than replacement
- Less mess and inconvenience
- Less disruptive: minimal loss of use
- Work can be done in hours/days vs. weeks/months
Government: Roads, highways, bridges, airports, dams, catch basins
Industrial: Concrete floors, mining, subsurface utilities, retaining walls
Residential: Patios, porches, walkways, driveways, pools, foundations
Many slab lifting jobs first require fixing underlying problems with uneven or settling substrate with soil stabilization. Only Precision Lift from Prime Resins targets the causes of settling by addressing soil stabilization prior to slab lifting. This creates long-term advantages:
- Erosion control
- Soil stabilization
- High-strength void fill
- Precise slab lifting
Determining which approach and products to use will depend on the soil conditions, what type of equipment you have available and the size of the project. Call Prime Resins at 1-800-321-7212 and a technical consultant will advise on the best approach for your project. Our consultants have decades of experience among them and are here to find solutions to your problem.
Slab stabilization can be done with our Prime Flex 985 series of products. Inject these structural foam resins using a two-component pump. For simple slab stabilization, inject Prime Flex 985 at ambient temperature using our FlowMaster 1:1 mix ratio positive displacement pump. The Prime Flex 985 flows into the voids and cavities and fills them by expanding up to 20 times (depending on formulation). The foam fully expands and is traffic-ready within 15 minutes (85% strength). The rigid foam re-establishes contact between the slab and the subgrade and is strong enough for heavy traffic loads.
Three Ways to Lift
• We offer a portable, Revolution Compact Slab Lifting System that is perfect for getting started with foam lifting or for situations requiring a small portable system. This includes interior work and tough to reach areas such as winding walkways or golf cart paths.
• We offer two turnkey trailer rigs for lifting or soil stabilization: Standard (18′) and Professional (22′) trailer rigs. These come fully equipped and ready to hit the road. Both have top-of-the-line equipment, chosen to withstand the wear and tear of heavy use and provide the most efficient material mix. The Professional accommodates more material and sports a heavy-duty combined generator/compressor unit. We produce three foam densities from 4-lb. to 6.25-lb. to best meet your project needs.
Financing is available starting at $10,000 for qualified buyers in the U.S. Ask your rep for details.