Work with us
Prime Resins is a leader in providing infrastructure repair solutions. We develop and manufacture chemical grouts for leak sealing, soil stabilization, slab lifting / stabilization, coating, bonding / anchoring, floor repair and structural repair. We provide the industry’s best technical support, available 24/7. Our ability and willingness to help find or create a solution for our customers sets us apart. Come work with us.
As part of RPM International Inc.’s USL Group, we offer a competitive salary and suite of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k) with immediate vesting*, pension, and stock purchasing. *Available January 2018.
To apply for a position, send your cover letter and resume or CV to dhammacher @ primeresins.com.
Purchasing Agent/Production Planner
The Purchasing Agent/Production Planner is a critical part of our operation. We are known in our industry for the timely delivery and fast turnaround of customer orders. This relies upon appropriate inventory levels of raw materials, packaging and finished goods; the purchaser is critical to our rapid response. This position is responsible for negotiating and purchasing all raw materials and components and for maintaining correct levels of both raw materials and finished goods to ensure on-time customer deliveries. This person works closely with the production manager, R&D manager and sales staff to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles with appropriate PPE available. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Responsible for negotiating, placing, revising and managing all orders with suppliers from initiation through delivery.
- Responsible for ensuring correct levels of raw materials and components are on hand for timely product delivery using forecasts based on historical use and current and future demand.
- Periodically reconcile purchase orders with invoices ensuring the correct cost of material and freight is applied.
- Find and develop new sources as needed.
- Ensure all necessary documentation is received when establishing new supplier contracts and for all new products that will include material and packaging specifications where appropriate.
- Directly responsible for ensuring all product import regulations and certifications are complete.
- Maintain procurement records including items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories and generates reports for management, sales personnel, and other internal employees as required.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable incoming goods with quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine the root cause of trouble and ensure corrective action is implemented.
- Analyze market dynamics using forecasts, market indices, benchmarking, etc. for raw materials
- Other duties may be assigned
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, operations or supply chain or comparable combination of purchasing certification and experience
- Minimum 5 years’ industrial purchasing experience — preferably in the chemical industry, at a minimum in a manufacturing environment — including working within an ERP / MRP system.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven track record in finding the right balance between negotiating prices, receiving product in a timely fashion while maintaining or improving quality; excellent negotiation skills.
- Detail-oriented person with strong organizational, interpersonal, communication skills (oral and written)
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work assignments; flexible in dealing with changing work environment with a positive attitude and a sense of urgency. Ability to both prioritize and multi-task.
- Upbeat, positive, high energy with a “can do” attitude; reacts well under pressure
- Computer literate; with excellent working knowledge of Word and Excel software. Sage/Peachtree software experience a bonus.
- Scheduling/planning/forecasting experience
Our company is growing, and we are hiring a few exceptional people to join our technical sales team. We are based in the Atlanta area, but the successful candidate is not required to be located here after an initial training period.
Desired Skill Set:
- Knows concrete, concrete repair or other infrastructure-related disciplines
- Is a self-starter who will work effectively and efficiently from a remote office
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Hunts – finds new customers and captures market share
- Cultivates ongoing customer relationships
- Embraces a consultative approach to finding solutions for customer needs.
Successful candidates must have:
- construction industry or other relevant experience,
- at least five years of B2B sales experience—this is NOT an entry level position, and
- an aptitude for solving infrastructure repair problems.
Experience with engineers and public works departments will be beneficial.
These positions get support from our sales, marketing and management staff at our headquarters in the Atlanta metro area. Some overnight travel to participate in trade shows, sales calls and project meetings is required.
Technical Services Rep
We are adding an additional technical services professional to support current customers with the application of our products. This includes support related to both material and equipment. This person does in-house training and technical service to customers. Some travel is required for on-site technical service.
The person we seek is mechanically-minded, a problem-solver, and a self-starter. This person loves variety—every day is different and no two jobs are the same—and s/he thrives in a collegial, team environment. The successful candidate embraces change and juggling multiple priorities. (A methodical lone wolf will not be a good fit in our fast-paced, ever-changing environment.) This person must be able to work effectively and efficiently without much direct supervision.
Most important of all, this person provides amazing customer service. It is our technical support and customer service that set us apart from the field, and this person is an integral part of that. This can be challenging when providing technical support over the phone to contractors applying plural-component polyurethanes or other chemical grouts.
This person is a key part of the R&D process, including testing products and equipment in development, plus suggesting product and equipment ideas and improvements.
– Supports customers needing assistance in the field
– Trains customers on the use of our products and equipment
– Assembles pumps and outfits trailers used to apply single- and plural-component chemical grouts
– Maintains in-house pumps
– Repairs customer pumps
– Works closely with sales reps
Knowledge and Skills:
Strong written and verbal communication skills—this is a customer service role
Mechanically inclined, problem-solver
Hard working, self-directed
Collegial, collaborative, team-oriented
Familiarity with polyurethanes and other polymers would be helpful
This is a drug-free workplace. Outdoor and warehouse work in both hot and cold environments. Must be able to lift heavy objects at times. Some travel is required for on-site training or technical service. Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Education and Experience
Minimum 3 years’ work experience. A construction or spray-foam background would be a plus.